Featured Post

I am rifting

To the depths of an icy cape thunders dense are the walls of this stone cold centre. Touched are the fragments lost to an ocean of darkness....

18.6.11

I am reminded


One of the most interesting artwork I have seen in my life is from an untitled girl and a place I might never visit again.

The time was probably 3am and I was with someone who now I unfortunately don’t know very well. The work was simple. A dim lit room in an old trendy hotel turned art gallery for that night. And as you glided in and out of hotel/art rooms you were suddenly faced with a Victorian glass chandelier hung at eyelevel.  On a closer look I found flies. Baby flies. Every light bulb surrounded by them. Dimming the light even further.

I am reminded of this artwork at this particular moment in time because it spoke to me about social interaction. About festering within entrapment at the same time embracing an environment that on sight felt claustrophobic yet nurtured millions.


Nuit Blanche  is a magical night where the city gets swept by art and artists. 

Follower

YOU ARE NUMBER - THANKS FOR VISITING.