Featured Post

I am rifting

To the depths of an icy cape thunders dense are the walls of this stone cold centre. Touched are the fragments lost to an ocean of darkness....

20.9.11

I am Kuch Khaas.

Kuch Khaas, The Center for Arts, Culture and Dialogue. I felt it was finally time to articulate all my severely conclusive-dust-settling comments. For those that are not familiar with this unique project, it was initiated about a year ago and has mapped many avenues for talent nationally and intentionally to be shared, experimented and experienced by an Islamabad audience.

Having said that Kuch Khaas is drowning in a melting pot of varying public relations and abrasive networking tactics. Where to set the parameters, what all can be done under the banner of KK? These questions are not hard to answer when we assume each individual carves their own niche. Unfortunately, this is a theoretical lie I fed myself in order to release endorphins in my body. 

Life is work and work is life? Sure being an artist this isn’t a negative concept. Yet I was always advised to leave work at work. When consumed by brand maintenance, you become the brand. I had a great group of people I worked with but what was I working towards? If I were to look back now I worked hard yet never created the individualized 2.0 Nayha Programme instead did the ring-a-roses/tug-of-war with opposing mentalities.

This organization can swing in favor of “there to serve” or play up “having to be served” depending on its mood. That was because maybe it had not made up its mind, which helped me sleep better at night.  

A thought goes through an evolutionary process. From a thought it becomes a conversation then moulds into an idea and morphs into a phenomenon, slowly growing into an entity eventually that entity needs to exercise its abilities to become independent. Yet, when an entity is under the spotlight, placed on a pixie glass sculpture stand, it becomes an object. Objects are void of transient fluidity and so is Kuch Khaas.  




Follower

YOU ARE NUMBER - THANKS FOR VISITING.